Saturday, May 10, 2008

Being Dodgy while Mario Karting

Mario Kart Wii came out on the 24th April and I had preordered it two weeks back for a good sum of $50 :D I was very proud of that until after Mario Kart Wii launched, I bought an Ice Silver Limited Edition God of War PSP Slim&Lite for $120 :D I did it by buying three Mario Kart Wii's for $40 each then trading it for $270 credit at EB, bless those guys. It was confusing as explaining to people what was the looooong process I went to obtain such cheap good games so I won't explain it here cause I pretty much cannot be bothered atm :p Explained it way too much times at Milamber's party.
Now I have unlocked everything in
Mario Kart Wii, took me less than a week and the only thing I don't have is the Three Star rating and the Golden Wheel, because the wheel sucks! Haha nah it works but it cannot be taken to a competitive level unless you are that good. But its a fun little piece of plastic to use when ya mates around. I got four Wii Wheels but only three wii remotes... hmmm.
Its probably my second favorite Mario Kart after
Mario Kart DS. Its not the most fairest Mario Kart and the AI can get increasingly brutal when you are infront but you will eventually find a way to out smart then ;) Nintendo really outdone itself with the online, while not as good as XBL, it really is a step up from its previous affairs and much better than Super Smash Bros. Brawl's. Theres like close to no lag and....... two-player co-op online! also with no lag! Dunno how they can have 12 player online races with no lag but cannot have 4 player online Brawl battles without lag.... something wrong there Nintendo. Hopefully they fix it up before our June 26th launch.
Next is my super PSP! While it came
God of War: Chains of Olympus, I traded it back in to get it for exactly $270. I do want the game but I can wait. Busy with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Tekken: Dark Resurrection atm.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops really has its flaws only because its limited by the PSP's gamepad layout. Its missing a second stick and two shoulder buttons. The game tries to be like Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence but its not as smooth as it is. Because its missing the second stick, we have to stop movement before changing the camera angle which is a pain because you could be accidentally standing next to an enemy before you can see him. You walk with the stick and change with the d-pad... how awkward is that -.- The missing two shoulder buttons aren't as sorely missed because they have been mapped to the O button. Other than that, excellent game! The story isn't as strong as the previous Metal Gear's but it still has its charms! The two connections to Metal Gear Solid really came as a surprise, one you would pick up on if you've played the original and the other not so. Wish a sequel will come out, explaining how Naked Snake turned psycho and him meeting his son :D

Next is
Tekken: Dark Resurrection and its a great game overall but wished there was more stuff to unlock. All the characters are unlocked already including all their additional costumes... while it doesn't make the game less fun, I would've preferred if it kept to its console counterparts. Also why wasn't online included huh? It has online ranking and ghosting but thats shit for a current gen game. Ghosts? wtf? its all AI-controlled in the end anyway, not fun Namco! Also gameplay and timing has been tweaked a bit. I found I cannot perform some moves and juggles for Jin Kazama and Ling Xiaoyu that I could in Tekken 5. But can't complain too much as this is the second latest version of Tekken 5 making the PS2 copy obsolete in a competitive sense. I also hate the new character Lili. Hate her attitude, voice, looks, fighting style; pretty much everything!

At least theres a cool new character coming out on
Tekken 6! While the rest is crap, Miguel just kicks ass and takes names, he is soooooooo cool. Reminds of Raphael from Soulcalibur II with his clothes and fighting style. I dunno why cause Miguel is Spanish and Raphael is French... weird me. Need a PlayStation 3 sooooooooooooonish!

Now lets finish it off with........

No comments: